AA, AAA, Majors and Juniors Coaches,
Now that things are underway, I wanted to give you some guidance on how to use/get the most out of the website.
This morning, I resent your team manager password. These are system generated. I can change it to something you like, just send me an e-mail.
To log in as a manager, select the icon at the top right of your screen.
Once logged in, you will see all your administrative options. At the bottom of the screen to the right you will see the manager's manual. Everything you need to know is explained there.
After log in, select your TEAM from the top menu and you can do everything from there.
Some highlights and best practices:
1. Team bulletins – create the bulletin, and be sure to check the e-mail broadcast. Bulletins will remain on your team page until the expiration date you specify – so if they have a shelf life, adjust the expiration date accordingly. All e-mails to the team should be sent by using a bulletin and broadcasting it – this offers the parents an archive of all your communications.
2. Enter your practices. The system will automatically send reminders to parents about games and practices 2X – once about 24 hours before the event, and then about 2 hours before the event. Commissioners will enter your games and any changes must be cleared by them. You can edit the game and use the “Notes” field for things like “please arrive 30 mins prior to game time” etc. These notes will be sent with the reminder.
3. Enter Results – ALL RESULTS SHOULD BE ENTERED WITHIN 24 HOURS BY THE DESIGNATED HOME TEAM MANAGER
4. Enter Stats – You can do as much or as little with this as you want. Innings pitched should be used by appropriate teams.
Some other things you should know…
1. Get parents accustomed to going to your team area…rather than calling or e-mailing you. Everything is self-serve. This will save you a lot of time if you use the features of the site.
2. Field closings are on the home page of the website. Let parents know this is where they can find out if you are playing or not.
3. Rosters are hidden by design for child protection reasons. You can see/print the rosters when you are logged in as manager. Parents can see rosters by logging in and using their FAMILY PASSWORD. They get this password by following the instructions under EDIT MY ACCOUNT on the home page of the website. Here they can edit their contact info for all family members and change the password to something they will remember.
4. All GENERAL EVENTS like clinics, jamborees, etc. will be entered by the commissioners. You can also add team specific events on your team site – parties, scrimmages, etc.
5. Pictures…everybody loves them. If you have, try uploading to your team site
OK, that’s enough for now. If you get stuck, e-mail me. If there is enough interest, we can hold a training session with a smartboard at Bedford. We’ve done this in the past for other organizations.
Final Note: We are building a repository for information for coaches under the HEY COACH section of the website. Any time you see the flashing NEW sign, we have posted new items for you.